Carpe Diem Pecans
Carpe Diem produces 100% certified organic pecans. The pecan nut industry has its roots in Mpumalanga and KZN, but the core of the South African pecan industry today is north of the Orange River in the Vaalharts area, Hartswater, Prieska, Upington and Orania. Irrigation schemes provide much needed water in these naturally dry, hot areas.
- Pecans Offer Good Nutrition
- 90% of the fats in pecans are unsaturated (about 60% monounsaturated/30% polyunsaturated)
- A serving of pecans (30g) provides about 25 percent more oleic acid than a serving of olive oil (one tablespoon)
- Pecans are cholesterol free
- Pecans are sodium free
- Pecans are fiber-rich
- Pecans are a valuable plant protein source
- Pecans have more than 19 vitamins & minerals
- They are an excellent source of gamma tocopherol, an important type of vitamin E
- They contain concentrated amounts of natural plant sterols, touted for their cholesterol-lowering ability
- Pecans contain a variety of phytochemicals
Nuts are recommended by the American Heart Association and U.S. Dietary Guidelines as a desirable source of heart-healthy unsaturated fat.