About Us

Carpe Diem Raisins is a processor of top quality organic and conventional raisins, packed for export around the globe and domestically in either bulk or retail packaging.


We are situated along the Orange River in the Northern Cape and we are the leading organic producer and processor in South Africa. All farms under the management of Carpe Diem Estate are 100% organic certified and produces organic product only.

parallax background

Carpe Diem Raisins was established in 2006 and sold 80% shares to KLK Landbou Limited in 2020. We can process up to 25000 tons of organic and conventional raisins annually.

We have state of the art equipment and pride ourselves in our ability to supply product to the highest quality and according to the required global specifications of our customers.

Quality and Food Safety are most important to us, that is why our professional team includes qualified Viticulturists who gives ongoing support and advice to all our producers throughout the year. They provide assistance to all our producers to ensure their drying facilities are up to the highest standards and comply to be approved by the South Africa's Department of Agriculture and PPECB.
 

Vision, Mission and Values

1Vision:
The preferred global supplier of vine fruit.
2Mission:
Supply a quality product through skilled and innovative people combined with advanced systems and techniques to optimize the profits for our farmers.
3Values:
  • We believe in what we do and do it with enthusiasm and integrity
  • We are fast and thorough
  • Every worker takes ownership of their area of responsibility
  • We have respect for our co-workers and business partners
  • Building a sustainable business through continuous improvement
parallax background

Our Company History

Carpe Diem Estate has its humble beginning back in 1932 when the Van der Colff family bought their first land in Kanoneiland, 30km west from Upington.

The family wanted to expand their farming and they bought Carpe Diem Estate in 1997; the farm is situated about 10km to the east of Upington.

Total hectares under production are 400 Hectares and the farms are fully organic certified from 2011. The farm produces organic export table grapes, raisins, and pecan nuts.

The processing facility of Carpe Diem Raisins was established in 2006 to market and export 600tons of raisins and grew from then to be able to process 25000tons annually. In 2015 the van der Colff Family sold 50% shares to KLK Landbou Limited and due to the continued growth sold another 30% shares in 2020, coming to a total of 80% shares currently owned by KLK Landbou Limited.

Accreditation

The factory has competent and well-trained quality staff that oversee our quality standards and procedures under the management of our Quality Assurance Managers.


  • BRC Certified (from 2007) - NSF
  • Halaal Certified
  • Kosher Certified
  • Organic Certified (organic products) - LACON
  • SEDEX registered, SMETA Pillar 4 audit
  • Audited and approved against M&S, Dairymaid, Woolworths, and Nestle standards
  • BBBEE Certified